Mario Gomez Not Obsessed Gerd Mueller's record

>> football tickets on 17.1.12

Munich - Bayern Munich striker, Mario Gomez did not think to equal Bundesliga record for most goals which made Gerd Mueller. Gomez just wants to score consistently to help the Die Roten.

After the resounding in the 2010-11 season, Gomez still showed sparkling form this season. From a total of 25 appearances, Hispanic striker had scored 24 goals with 16 goals in them are made in the German League.

Gomez seems to be trying to equal his record of Mueller who notched 40 goals in one season. However, that assumption was ignored because Gomez just wants to continue to perform consistently in every season.

"That's not the destination that I targeted for myself," said Gomez told Abendzeitung Munich. "To me, more importantly score goals consistently for many years."

"I'd rather have five consecutive seasons with 20 goals rather than a single season with 40 goals and scored only eight goals other course," added the German international player.

Gomez's contract with Bayern will expire at the end of next season. For now, the players did not think to change clubs.

"Right now I have no ambition for a change. I was in one of the best teams in the world, why should I go somewhere else?," Said Gomez.

@German League Tickets | Mario Gomez Not Obsessed Gerd Mueller's record